Open Letter to President Obama, Senator McCain, Secretary Kerry, Secretary-General Ban ki Moon, Members of US Congress, Members of the Media
By: Ramsey Clark
The overwhelming majority of the population of the U.S. is against being dragged into another disastrous war. Nothing is more dangerous than the aggressive U.S./NATO troop movements right on the borders of Russia.
Sending U.S. destroyers into the Black Sea and the Baltic Sea; scheduling threatening U.S./NATO war games and troop movements in East Europe; and imposing sanctions on the Russian Federation is a threat to peace on a world scale. We have seen the cost of past and continuing U.S. wars, which enrich the military corporations while impoverishing the targeted countries as well as poor and working people here in the U.S.
The years of U.S. funding of fascist forces in Ukraine and the recognition of a government in Kiev that overthrew the elected government, seized power and appointed extreme right-wing groups to head the police, army and national guard in order to pull Ukraine into NATO membership makes the U.S. complicit in the complete denial of the rights of the Ukrainian people. It is also a provocation against the entire region. Read More…
- Premier Zakharchenko Leads in Donetsk People’s Republic’s Elections With 81%: Exit Polls
- LPR Head Plotnitsky Leading in Luhansk Vote: Central Election Commission
- Elections in Donetsk Republic in Full Compliance With European Practices: Observer
- Austrian Observer Calls on Europe to Recognize Donetsk Elections
- Donbas Elections in Line With International Law: Veneto Delegate for Independence
- Elections in Donbas to Help Find Compromise: Venetian Independence Movement
- Independent Donetsk, Luhansk to Boost Region’s Economy: Veneto Delegate for Independence
- EU Must Not Sanction Russia for Recognizing Donbas Elections: Veneto Independence
- DPR Accuses Pro-Kiev Troops of Attempts to Disrupt Elections: Press Service
- Donetsk Leader Threatens Ukraine’s SBU Security Agency With Genocide Probe
- Ukrainian State Security Agency Opens Criminal Probe Into Donbas Elections
- Polls Open in Eastern Ukraine
- Kiev to Declare Observers at DPR, LNR Elections Persona Non Grata: Security Service
- OSCE Observers Inspect Polling Stations in Donetsk Ahead of Local Elections
- Kiev Claims to Observe Movement of Military Equipment, Troops From Russia to Donbas
- All Trucks With Russian Humanitarian Aid for Donbas Return to Rostov Region: Deputy Head
- New Russian Humanitarian Aid Convoy Ready to Head to Donbas: Emergencies Ministry
- Syria: New Hints Of A Changing U.S. Position
- US Destroying Syria’s Oil Infrastructure Under GUISE of Fighting/Bombing ISIS
- ISIS: the Useful Enemy; Kobani Kurds Expose the Hypocrisy of the Coalition Against ISIS
- The Battle for Kobani: Whose side is Turkey on?
- US navy forces must leave Persian Gulf: IRGC admiral
- Dysfunctional America
- Canada police attack anti-austerity rally in Montreal
- GMO Cholera Bacteria to Be Released in Australia, Canada, U.S.