At least 46 people were killed and an estimated 200 others were wounded today when the southwestern Ukrainian port city of Odessa erupted in protests and violence between factions.
It began, as so much violence in eastern Europe does, with a soccer rally. A rally for the local Ultras Odessa football team, a team favored by many in the Right Sector, was held today.
Other protests broke out among locals expressing sympathy for eastern demonstrators after the Ukrainian military attacked the protester-held cities of Slovyansk and Kramatorsk. The two rallies, with two very distinct viewpoints, quickly ran afoul of one another, and clashes resulted.
- Putin: USA orchestrated Ukrainian crisis
- Canada’s Ukrainian borsch has bitter anti-Russian taste
- Obama and Merkel support Kiev’s punitive operation
- Duma demands tribunal for Kiev authorities for bloodbath in Odessa
- Odessa slaughter: How vicious mob burnt anti-govt activists alive (GRAPHIC IMAGES)
- Russia says Kiev, West responsible for violence in Odessa
- Russia urges US to press Ukraine over operations
- EU Urges Independent Probe into Tragic Deaths in Ukraine’s Odessa
- People in Ukraine’s Odessa Died Instantly, Poisoned by Unknown Substance – Report
- Thousands Mourn Victims of Odessa Tragedy in Ukraine’s Donetsk
- Shots Heard near Ukraine’s Slaviansk, Residents Prepare for Storming
- ‘Many Dead’ As Ukraine Invades Eastern Protest Cities of Slovyansk, Kramatorsk
- Putin: Kiev, Western allies responsible for Ukraine bloodshed
- ‘Get out, fascists!’ Angry Kramatorsk citizens drive Kiev forces away
- West heaps blame on Russia as protesters burnt alive in Odessa
- Shocking Odessa video: Trapped people jump out of burning building
- Kramatorsk Op: City encircled, fighting raging, reports of shooting at civilians
- Video: APCs near Slavyansk as Kiev intensifies military op in eastern Ukraine
- Odessa graphic video: People burnt alive, suffocated in Ukraine’s Right Sector assault
- Odessa Massacre: ‘Right Sector wouldn’t let people out of burning building”
- Dramatic video: Odessa Trade Unions building on fire with dozens of activists blocked inside
- Over 30 killed, dozens wounded in Trade Unions House fire in Ukraine’s Odessa
- Is this my nation?