(By Stephen Lendman) — Western and Israeli long knives remain threatening. Tensions are especially high. Netanyahu’s bluster aside, longstanding Washington plans call for regime change.
Iran’s peaceful nuclear program is red herring cover used as pretext. If not that, something else would substitute. Excuses are easy to fabricate. Western media scoundrels regurgitate them ad nauseam.
Fear is generated. Other false charges follow. America is hell bent for war. It has a willing partner in Israel provided Washington plays the lead role.
Potentially catastrophic consequences are ignored. Apparently, so is opposition expressed by current and past high-ranking military and government officials in both countries. Updated war plans are ready to be implemented unless cooler heads go all out to prevent it.
Iran is falsely called an existential threat. Netanyahu and Israeli hardliners claim it constantly. Washington does it on and off. It’s wearing thin but take it seriously. One day crying wolf won’t be bluster or bluffing.
- Iran says World War III may erupt if attacked by Israel
- Military strike on Iran would trigger WWIII: Cmdr.
- Iran would clobber Israel within 24 hours: Cmdr.
- Syria opposition conference opens in Damascus
- Syrian opposition kick off “national conference” with absence of many parties
- Syria’s opposition parties call for halting violence
- China, Japan shadow boxing over rocks – for now