Russian President Vladimir Putin opposes any action related to Syria not authorized by the United Nations Security Council, his spokesman Dmitry Peskov said on Friday.
“In the Russian president’s opinion, any attempt to act without the [UN] Security Council’s approval will be inefficient and will undermine the authority of this international organization,” the spokesman said.
- UN Chief says to push for peaceful solution to Syria
- Any Syria measure outside UNSC inefficient: Russia
- Barak orders Israeli military to prepare for Syria invasion
- NATO seeks destruction of Syrian nation: American author
- Syrian troops retake Sayyida Zainab neighborhood from rebels
- Syrian people warned against ‘fake TV channel’
- Raids, shelling continue across Syria, killing dozens
- Iran says presence of foreign forces in Persian Gulf “provocative”: spokesman
- Israel pushing for World War III: Military analyst
- Israel likely author of Bulgaria false flag operation: Analyst