GENEVA – The International Committee of the Red Cross says it now considers the conflict in Syria a civil war, meaning international humanitarian law applies throughout the country.
- What repercussion will invoking humanitarian law have on this conflict?
- Do both sides of the conflict have right to use force?
- Is Red Cross legitimizing terrorism?
- Do both sides have to be armed and using weapons?
- Do fighters on both sides have to wear uniforms clearly identifying them?
- Are rebels and terrorists wearing civilian clothes considered “civilians”?