The participants in the Geneva talks support creation of a transitional government in Syria in which all forces participate, UN and Arab League special envoy Kofi Annan said.
The transitional government should include members of the current government, the opposition and other groups, Annan told journalists. The actual makeup of the transitional government will depend on the Syrian people.
- Annan reads Geneva meeting declaration on situation in Syria
- Lavrov: Geneva’s document imposes nothing on the Syrians
- Annan: International work group reached agreement to help resolve crisis in Syria through political process led by Syrians
- Russia ready to share data on Turkish jet – Lavrov
- Lavrov: Syrian government agreed to Annan’s Plan, armed opposition did not
- International conference on Syria opens in Geneva
- Syrian troops regain control of troublesome suburb of capital