by Michel Chossudovsky
Syria has been accused of downing a Turkish fighter jet in international waters, leading to a new round of threats from Washington and Brussels.
According to a NATO Spokesperson, ‘envoys from NATO member states will meet on Tuesday after Turkey requested consultations over the downing of its military jet by Syria”.
- Putin to discuss Syria, Iran during Middle East tour
- Armed groups target pipeline in E Syria
- NATO to hold emergency meeting on Turkish jet shot down by Syria
- Turkey asks for int’l supports following Syria’s downing of Turkish jet
- Turkey calls for Nato meeting, files official protest to Syria over downed jet