A small number of C.I.A. officers are operating secretly in southern Turkey, helping allies decide which Syrian opposition fighters across the border will receive arms to fight the Syrian government, according to American officials and Arab intelligence officers.
The weapons, including automatic rifles, rocket-propelled grenades, ammunition and some antitank weapons, are being funneled mostly across the Turkish border by way of a shadowy network of intermediaries including Syria’s Muslim Brotherhood and paid for by Turkey, Saudi Arabia and Qatar, the officials said.
- Syria says armed opposition fire at representatives of Red Cross, Red Crescent in Homs
- Putin: Syrian people must decide their leadership
- China, Russia not ready to drop Assad regime
- Satanic alliance forms against Syria: Analyst
- US behind the Iran nuclear ‘crisis’
- Venezuela passes Saudis to hold world’s biggest oil reserves
Watch out – Next week, the U.S. State Depertment will declare that Venezuela has the world’s largest stockpiles of weapons of mass destruction, secretly runs a military nuclear program, and harbours Osama bin Laden. “Humanitarian intervention” will follow. Or, not. Venezuela isn’t close enough to threaten the illegal expansion of Israel, so it may be spared. Politics is really simple and easy to understand, these days.