The Russian Defense Ministry denied on Tuesday media reports that it is sending a warship from the Baltic Sea Fleet to Syria and it also dismissed reports of upcoming foreign military exercises in the Middle Eastern country.
Media reports said the Kaliningrad, a Ropucha II Class Large Landing Ship, was en route to the Mediterranean and the Syrian port of Tartus.
- Syrian crisis should only be resolved by dialogue – Putin
- China denies military drill with Russia, Syria, Iran
- Russia denies reported Russian-Chinese-Iranian exercise in Syria
- Warship heads for ‘test’ as navy denies Syria role
- Russian ship ‘carrying arms’ to Syria ‘turns back’ – Hague
- Iran, Russia, China, Syria plan massive war game
- US, China moving towards collision over Iran oil
- Russia kicks off air force drill in Arctic
- Armed groups in Syria receive weapons from Israel: Reports